Sunday, September 19, 2010

blog post#4

Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff? 1)I enjoyed the blog because some of those comments about the internet being so dangerous a lot of people still believe That.I do believe the web can be dangerous but it's like anything else they require supervision.I agree with DR.Mccleod it is not saying use technology and forget about the rest. Scott Mccleod is respected in his field,which is Education technology in elementary all the way to high school.He was one the creators of Did You Know?(Shift Happens).We could learn a lot from him and I am sure we will. The i school initiative 2)The way this video was presented was done so very well.I can agree with some of the points.I mean what was said about cutbacks and textbook shortage was all true.The idea behind this is based off of iphone and itouch. We still need to educate our kids and technology is not the only way.The student that was for this does not completely understand how technology is used in education.I did enjoy the presentation even though I did not completely agree. The Lost Generation 3)I the thought the way they presented video was very innovative and creative.Time will tell which version was true. Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir 4)The virtual choir was very interesting and unique.I really did not how much until I found out none these people had even sung together.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I agree. I think the web can be very dangerous and the children should be supervised. At the same time, I think they should be educated about technology. I really liked the iSchool initiative video. I agree with you that some of his ideas was good, but I also feel like the iSchool initiative should be incorporated into the classroom. I would love to have that in my classroom when I become a teacher.

    ReplyDelete