Sunday, April 10, 2011

blog post #11

I really enjoyed seeing the 1ST graders in Ms. Cassidy's class in action.I was amazed to see everything that the class could do.I really liked that the class blogs.Ms.cassidy has done a great job with her technology journey.The journey was hers and her classes.I really like how enthusiastic the kids are .Teachers need to find new and innovative way for students to learn .The best tool in this day and age is technology.I found the Skype interview with Dr. Strange very interesting and informative.I was fascinated to find out that her class just started with web page and it has progress to blogging and Skype.Ms Cassidy's class started kind of like EDM 310 it started as one thing and has progressed to something else.i was trying to think of which one of Ms .Cassidy's activities I could use in my classroom.I thin Skype is going to be a very good tool in my classroom.I think Skype and twitter are the best tools I could use in my math classroom.

3 comments:

  1. Ms. Cassidy seems to be an amazing teacher. I also enjoyed watching the video and Skype interview with her. She is teaching her students skills that will greatly help them later in their educational career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    It amazes me at how far ahead of the game Mrs. Cassidy's first graders are compared to the first grade classes here in Mobile County! It goes to show just how much we undermine a child's intelligence!

    I like that you thought about how you will implement the ideas mentioned in this video into your own teaching! Skype and Twitter are both great tools to use in a math class!

    Keep up the good work!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I really liked that the class blogs.Ms.cassidy has done a great job with her technology journey." I understand the message that you are trying to convey, but can you clear this sentence up.

    "The journey was hers and her classes." Please expand on this sentence. Explain what the journey was and how the students felt ownership of the journey.

    After you expand on these two sentences, read the rest of your post out loud. Look for spacing issues and capitalization errors. These are all essential proofreading skills for a 21st century teacher to master, especially when their work is public. Your ideas are worth sharing, now you just need to work on your presentation to polish them up a bit.

    ReplyDelete