Sunday, October 3, 2010

blog post #6

1)The Networked Student was an interesting video.I think all teachers are going to have to be ready for networked students.Technology is being taught to students so early now that many students can do more with technology than their parents.The technology is going to continue advancing especially in the classroom.I am not ready for networked students yet.The reason I feel I am not ready yet is because I have been out of school for a number of years and I am learning about technology.EDM 310 is starting the process of getting me ready for networked students.I am learning a lot about technology.I agreed with the video just because we have networked students does not mean that they do not need teachers. The job we have as educators is guide our students to use technology properly.The best example I could use is Dr. Strange for EDM310 . 2) A 7TH Graders Personal Learning Environment is very interesting from a student's perspective .I liked all the tools that were given.The one I liked the most was describing a science report and the students could skype scientists to check facts.The way the video was presented I interpreted it more about personal learning network. 3)The Machine Is Changing Us gives us a different perspective than we are used to thinking about.YouTube has become so popular.The difference is it can be isolated and part of the greater good at the same time.Authenticity does not just mean one thing when it comes to YouTube.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    I agree with you, I am not ready for a networked student either. I liked your point about networked students not needing teachers. Teachers are always going to be needed. The PLE was neat. I thought it was cool how the student could skype a scientist also. I think they would make any kind of report more interesting.
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post Lisa!

    Dr. Strange is a good example of the type of teacher needed for the networked student. Like he says the teacher is more of a coach. The teacher's role is more about being supportive, giving advice and guidance. The student is more in control of his or her own learning. A good example is the student who showed her personal learning environment. Now she's in control.

    Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete