Sunday, February 27, 2011

blog post #6

1)The Networked Student was an interesting video.I think all teachers are going to have to be ready for networked students.Technology is being taught to students so early now that many students can do more with technology than their parents.The technology is going to continue advancing especially in the classroom.I am not ready for networked students yet.The reason I feel I am not ready yet is because I have been out of school for a number of years and I am learning about technology.EDM 310 is starting the process of getting me ready for networked students.I am learning a lot about technology.I agreed with the video just because we have networked students does not mean that they do not need teachers. The job we have as educators is guide our students to use technology properly.The best example I could use is Dr. Strange for EDM310 . 2) A 7TH Graders Personal Learning Environment is very interesting from a student's perspective .I liked all the tools that were given.The one I liked the most was describing a science report and the students could skype scientists to check facts.The way the video was presented I interpreted it more about personal learning network. 3)The Machine Is Changing Us gives us a different perspective than we are used to thinking about.YouTube has become so popular.The difference is it can be isolated and part of the greater good at the same time.Authenticity does not just mean one thing when it comes to YouTube.

3 comments:

  1. The Machine is Changing Us was not a part of this assignment. The debate over smartboards was the third part of this assignment. Did you just repeat what you wrote last semester? I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    I understand your struggle to be ready to teach the network student. I too am back to school after many years. Things have definitely changed. I think technology is going to be a wonderful tool in the classroom once we get a handle on it. I also agree that the classroom teacher is irreplaceable regardless of the technology involved. Hang in there, Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The way the video was presented I interpreted it more about personal learning network." Can you clear this sentence up for me and repost?

    "Authenticity does not just mean one thing when it comes to YouTube." This is an opinion worth thinking about. What does your statement mean to you? Can you describe what you mean and repost?

    You and Molly are both great examples of fighting the good fight to catch up with the changes that have occurred since you have left the school systems. I hope that you will go on to do more than catch up-- I hope you help bring Mobile Co. and Baldwin Co. schools into a new age of learning.

    ReplyDelete