Sunday, February 6, 2011

blog post #3

A Vision of students today I did not relate to this video as much as the younger students because I have different responsibilities.I envy the student that works two hours a day.The gist of it is probably true . The video helped me think about my typical day.Technology can be a positive but ;we need to learn to use it at the right times . "It's Not About The Technology" THE Title of this article is not exactly what you think it is going to be about.MRS' Hines does not minimize the importance of technology.She just talks about some other things that are equally important such as creativity and problem solving.I agree with her.I believe we need to focus on the tools it takes to get the technology.A couple examples of this is you need to be proficient in math to be good at problem solving and you also need to be skilled in arts and writing to be creative. Karl Fisch : Is it OK To Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher? I completely agree with MR. Fisch that it is unacceptable to be willingly technologically illiterate.The job we have or will have as educators is hard enough we need to use every tool we have at our disposal.The fact is we almost completely rely on technology.I know the only phone I have had for the past couple of years is my cell phone.I am not the most technology savvy person,it is a work in progress. The Social Media Count The media count is what I expected,but those numbers are reaching exponentially and they are only going to keep rising.The main goal to be a good educator is to be a life long learner.The thing is we can have as many degrees as we would like and can afford ,but we will never everything.Technology is just a tool we use to educate and learn more. There are numerous ways that technology can help us become better teachers.I have an example I was observing a math class at Daphne Middle School and the teacher received an e-mail trying to figure out how to solve an equation.The fact is can you imagine how long this would take if we did not have e-mail. The reason I mentioned this is because this could have been done on Twitter or Facebook or numerous other ways.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Lisa!

    I couldn't agree with your post more! I love that you said, "I believe we need to focus on the tools it takes to get the technology." As teachers, we need to learn how to teach effective, and this means learning how to incorporate the tools effectively.

    Great work, but please be sure to add pictures to all of your upcoming posts! :)

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this sentence the best. "Mrs. Hines does not minimize the importance of technology.She just talks about some other things that are equally important such as creativity and problem solving." It really demonstrates that you thought about what Mrs. Hines had to share.

    Allie is right, you do need to add pictures to your blogposts. So my first adjustment you might consider (strongly suggested) is to add a relevant picture to each of your blog post assignments as stated in the course directions.

    ReplyDelete